Wow. Have I been slack on the blogging front!
It was my first day back at work today after my week long lounge session and I am exhausted. Because, you know, lazing around can really take it out of you... ugh. Despite the laziness it was actually a very crazy week. A town about an hour west from here had extreme flash flooding, and because all of the rivers are connected, communities were wiped out from the sheer force of the water. In the centre of our town is a river with shopping centers and train stations and hundreds of businesses on the banks. Needless to sat those banks broke and the water rised metres and metres into peoples homes and workplaces, destroying anything in it's path. Thankfully enough for me I live on a hill out of harms way but there were thousands of people left homeless because of this. They say it is one if the worst natural disasters in the history of australia... yes, that bad.
So I was driving around documenting this devastation for record keeping purposes in the hope that it would be the only time I witness it in my life. It was beyond crazy.
~ Rhey.
It was my first day back at work today after my week long lounge session and I am exhausted. Because, you know, lazing around can really take it out of you... ugh. Despite the laziness it was actually a very crazy week. A town about an hour west from here had extreme flash flooding, and because all of the rivers are connected, communities were wiped out from the sheer force of the water. In the centre of our town is a river with shopping centers and train stations and hundreds of businesses on the banks. Needless to sat those banks broke and the water rised metres and metres into peoples homes and workplaces, destroying anything in it's path. Thankfully enough for me I live on a hill out of harms way but there were thousands of people left homeless because of this. They say it is one if the worst natural disasters in the history of australia... yes, that bad.
So I was driving around documenting this devastation for record keeping purposes in the hope that it would be the only time I witness it in my life. It was beyond crazy.
~ Rhey.
No comments:
Post a Comment